Archways Solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients.
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve
Our complaints procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint that has not been dealt with to your satisfaction by the
person handling your case or their supervising partner, please contact us as soon as you are
aware of the problem so this can be addressed. Please address your complaint to Ms Nosheen
Kamal, the Complaints Handler. We request that details of the complaint are provided in writing.
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of our
receiving the written complaint.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your
complaint to our client care partner, Ms Nosheen Kamal, who will review your matter file
and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. You will then be invited to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint.
This should be within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, Ms Nosheen Kamal will write to you to confirm what
took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible Ms Nosheen Kamal will send you a
detailed written reply to your complaint, including her suggestions for resolving the
matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain in
writing why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments.
Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another Solicitor of the firm to
review the decision.
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our
final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box
6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333 about your complaint. Any
complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your
receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint and 6 years from the
date of the act or omission giving rise to the complaint. Alternatively 3 years from the
date you should reasonably have known there are grounds for complaint (if the
act/omission took place before 6 October 2010 or was more than 6 years ago). The
Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service
at www.legalombudsman.org.uk .
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.